Who can Apply for the UK Health and Care Visa?
People belonging to only these following professions would be able to apply for the UK Health and Care visa:
- Doctors or Medical Practitioners (2211)
- Nurses (2231)
- Dental Practitioners (2215)
- Biochemist (2112)
- Biological Scientist (2112)
- Medical Radiographers (2217)
- Midwives (2232)
- Occupational Therapists (2222)
- Ophthalmic Opticians (2214)
- Paramedics (3213)
- Physical Scientist
- Pharmacist (2213)
- Physiotherapist (2221)
- Podiatrists (2218)
- Psychologist (2212)
- Social Workers (2442)
- Speech and Language Therapists (2223)
- Health and Therapy Professionals not elsewhere classified (2219 / 2229)
There are certain following requirements to be fulfilled by you if you want to successfully apply for a UK Health and Care visa:
- You must have a job offer along with certificate of sponsorship from the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care
- You belong from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You have been verified for eligibility criteria fulfilment by your sponsor.
- You have sufficient Salary and usually, it’s at least £30,000 per year
- You possess adequate Knowledge of English– you need to pass an approved English test with at least B1 level (e.g., IELTS) or have an academic qualification taught in English and recognised by UK NARIC or be exempted since you are from an English Language Speaking Country (e.g., Australia, Canada, USA)
- You must own some Savingsto Support yourself in the UK
- You may also need to show your Travel historyover the last five years
- You may need to submit your Tuberculosis Test Resultsif you belong to the country list specified for this
- You ought to provide Criminal Record Certificates especially in case of dealing with vulnerable people
Documentation for UK Health and Care Visa Processing:
There is a definite requirement of documents that must be provided in English or Welsh language. The major list of required documents is mentioned below:
- Valid passport and old passports – with at least a blank page for your visa, the old ones are for your travel history
- Certificate of Sponsorship – you will get this from your sponsor electronically; it has a reference number for your application as well as the license or registration number of your sponsor
- Proof of Knowledge of English – may be your IELTS results or UK NARIC Assessment
- Bank Statement or the Certificate of Sponsorship stating that the sponsor supports you
- Tuberculosis Test Results in case of applicants belonging to already enlisted countries in that category
- Criminal Record Certificates
After having completed the required documentation, you must scan it and would need them to apply for the UK Health and Care visa via online platform.
Visa Application Processing Time:
You may apply for the UK Health and Care visa as soon as 3 months before the due time of your job in the UK. However, the date on which you may start your employment is usually mentioned on the certificate of sponsorship.
Moreover, after entering your biometric information during application registration, it usually takes 3 weeks to process your visa application.
If you want to speed up the visa application processing and obtain the decision more quickly, you may get benefited from the priority service by paying an additional amount of £500 that would enable the decision making within 5 working days. Moreover, in case of more emergency situations, you may pay an extra £800 in order to achieve the super priority service so that you may have the decision done by the end of the next working day after providing your biometric information if your appointment is on a weekday or else after 2 working days in case you have provided your biometric information if your appointment is at the weekend.
After receiving the decision letter, it usually takes 10 working days for your biometric residence permit to come.
UK Health and Care Visa application Fee:
The fee for the visa application process is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK. Whereas your dependents are also liable to pay the same amount of fee, since fee for the visa ranging to 3 years would cost £232 while the fee increases to £464 in case of visa ranging to more than 3 years.
Duration of Stay Allowed:
The time duration allowed is of usually three years for a UK Health and Care visa holder, who may belong to any category of the healthcare professionals, however, it may be extended to either five years and fourteen days or the time period mentioned on the certificate of sponsorship with an additional month depending on which of them would be shorter time period.
Advantages of UK Health and Care Visa:
- It has comparatively less visa application fee, therefore, proves to be quite affordable in contrary to the other high skilled visa application process.
- UK health and care visa holders would not need to pay for any kind of Health Surcharge dues.
- UK Health and Care visa holder may also study in case it would not interfere with the job you’re sponsored for.
- It has a quick processing time of 3 weeks maximum within which the applicant had applied at visa application centre.
- The visa holder may also be allowed to bring his family members to the UK with him.